Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dining in Puerto Princesa


Life is beautiful. You’ll surely agree with me once you try the best dishes and food trip in Puerto Princesa. Oh did I mention that they are really inexpensive? Ok. Let’s start with the pricey ones. P200-P400. Yeah I know it just equates to a burger in Stackers or a frappe and cake tandem in Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. In Puerto Princesa it is the cost of a dinner of two to three guys. Yes I mean guys who get extra rice.

My First Taste of Palawan
It is very unlikely of me to leave the bowls half-filled and the rice plates unfinished. I thought it was a Manila serving. Oh well I forgot I was in Palawan. The usual price range of meals is P70-P120 per person. Where are these bountiful plates found? Here are some of the tastiest meals I had.

My first taste of Palawan was the famed Inasal of Balinsasayaw. For how much? P79. Add it up with Fresh Buko juice and of course, my extra rice, that would be P133. Burp.

Now the main feature of this restaurant is their elevated Nipa huts where the tables are situated. You ring the bell when you order and voila! You can feast on their Filipino menu. Their cooking time takes a while though. But it’s totally worth it. BTW, albeit the huts have big windows, smoking is not allowed in this restaurant.

Dining with the gang? Try Kinabuch’s! Don’t get over excited though. Their serving of Sinigang na Baboy is unbelievably huge. I think it would suffice 3-4 male stomachs. Their Sisig is one of the best I’ve tried. Three of us dined and the P600 bill was for the half-emptied 3 dishes, drinks and 6 cups of rice. Some said their Tamilok serving is good. But I wanted it raw so I decided to have it in Sabang Beach right after the Underground River tour.

Kinabuch's Restaurant

My favourite restaurant in Puerto Princesa is named Ka Inato. I tried their P95 Inasal and I was surprised by the big chicken thigh being served in front of me. Their seafood Kare-kare is good too. For beverages, their Naughty Professor is to die for. Meals’ prices range from P90-P130. But what you will surely enjoy in Ka Inato is the homey ambience. It reminded me of an ancestral house with artsy paintings, ceramics and sculptures in the interior. The OPM instrumental music being played is also a win, soothing your auditory senses as you savor your sumptuous dinner. Are you going to Puerto Princesa with your special someone? This is the best place to dine.

Ka Inato in Rizal Ave

There is also another good restaurant they told me about. It’s called Kalui’s Restaurant. I have not tried it. If you’re planning to dine there, have your table reserved a day before.

No comments: