Sunday, February 19, 2012

Few Hours Before My First Solo Backpacking Trip

This is it! My first major solo backpacking adventure starts in a few hours. This will be for ten days and I am very excited to see things expected and unexpected. I will be going to Cebu, Davao, Digos and Cagayan De Oro - all of these were just a part of my dream destinations locally. I think this is the most exciting travel adventure I am doing so far as a solo backpacker.

And yes, I promised myself to travel a lot this year, specially to the local destinations I have not been to. For February, this is the only travel I am doing outside Manila and I'm sure it is going to be amazing. This is also a part of my annual personal soul searching activity during my birthday. This time, it will not only be for a day but for a week and a half. It's that long because that's the load of issues I have to muse over. Just kidding.

But honestly, it is just this year when I realize that I loved traveling alone since I was a child. I remember commuting at the age of eight and going to Olongapo City alone when I was twelve. And until now, that passion for discovering places on my own is still running in my veins.

In the next few days, I will be posting my activities and my expenses. I hope the next blog entries will help you in one of your travels since I am travelling in a shoestring and just like those many Pinoy backpacker bloggers, I also aim to convince and encourage fellow Filipinos to travel the Philippines even with small budget.


This blog is inspired by some of the respected travelers in the Philippines like JourneyingJames.com. Just keep posted on this side for the next entries about this 10-Day Backpacking in CEB-DVO-CDO!

3 comments:

Mona Chang said...

Congratulations to your first ever backpacking trip!




B R A Z I L ;) should be added on your list!

journeyingjames said...

looking forward to your posts about this. thanks for the mention!
i know you enjoyed your trip to davao

EDSAboy said...

Miss Mona!

Oh well, let's start saving then if its not too late. :)

James,
It was beyond awesome man! How could I miss a lot of posts for such a long while? Tsk. And because you dropped by, I think I have to pursue writing... again.