Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kanugon

Sayang.

What word in English corresponds to this exactly? That is how I feel for not writing experiences for the past few months. Yeah I am always busy but it's not worth missing it if you know your stories are meant to be shared.

I wasn't able to write since March. That means I missed narrating my Easter Season activities when I shifted my ministry focus to Hangad. I didn't write about the MAS-MRAP Reunion which is the highlight of my Holy Week.  The Holy Week itself! Oh God this is too much for being late.

Two office team buildings have passed. The singing workshop. The wedding gigs. The start of This Time With You album recording. M two songs in the album. My first recorded solo. The Microsourcing Mardi Gras. The Punta Fuego R&R. My trip to Guimaras Island which marked my many firsts. The workshops Hangad conducted in three parishes already. My first billiard experience. My driving lessons. My new pet Samuel. The psalm I wrote and sing for St. Philomena. The first jingle I sold to a TV show. My first mountain peak. My first ice skating experience. My new friends from Singles for Family and Life. The release of This Time With You cd and songbook. My comeback to serving at the altar after months of recording. The concert last week which was a blast. My new compositions from the melodies springing up while climbing the mountain, staring blankly at the bus window, and while taking my dog for a walk. I also wanted to write about the Filipino language. Also about the current socio-political issues.

Ok. Tonight. I mean Today, September 8. I promise to write all that is worth sharing in this blog. Be it in conversational Filipino, trying hard Hiligaynon or Kiniray-a, casual English or poetic Tagalog, I shall not hesitate to write again. I should have known that an artist's discipline is writing at least a line or two everyday. I have forgotten being an artist for quite a while. It should not happen again.

Life is a celebration. Life is joyful! Ang imo nga kalipayon, imo nga ihatag. (Is this a correct Hiligaynon, Ma?) :p

No comments: