Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's More Fun In The Philippines

The first time I heard it this morning, I was reminded of a theme park. Well, that's how this slogan sounds the first time you hear it. I sighed. "Not again," I told myself.

But then I tried to look closely to the new logo. The "banig" design attracted me to read more posts and without knowing it, I was hooked to the idea of thinking all that is fun in the Philippines. One of my favorite is from a friend who posted on FB: Sabit sa jeep. More fun in the Philippines. Something which I love doing especially during the rush hours when it's hard to find a seat in PUJ's. Another one in a political tune reads: To General Palparan and Former President Arroyo, don't run away because it's more fun in the Philippines. Some friends posted Music, Food, Growing Old, etc. And whenever I try to think of the fun things in this county, I find it endless. For me, the new campaign exactly speaks of what kind of people we are. It's simplicity and honesty paved way for a sudden blast of endless posts from the internet savvy populace.

The hashstag #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines instantly became top-trending on twitter just a few minutes after the online campaign started. According to Department of Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez Jr., the funds cannot probably compare to the budgets allotted by other countries for their tourism campaigns so they are also relying on social media to help push the new campaign.

And so, here I am, trying my hand once again on Photoshop, hoping to get better at it in the coming days. This campaign is perfect for some of my personal plans this year which include domestic backpacking trips. I am happy that DOT has finally come up with an apt and timely campaign that can be owned by Filipinos from different walks of life. Honestly, I have longed to present my country which has a lot of things to offer - even more than the neighboring countries.







Why is it more fun in the Philippines? You may come up with a lot of things in mind. But certainly without a doubt, amid all the adversaries, we know how to laugh and have a good time. Beat that!

What else is more fun in the Philippines?

No comments: