Sunday, December 11, 2011

Komikon 2011

My sister with Gerry Alanguilan
signing my Elmer book
On November 19, I got introduced to Komikon, an annual convention for Comic artists in the Philippines. I was never really a Comics fan but a couple of weeks before that, I bumped into Wasted, a Comic series created by Gerry Alanguilan. Getting hooked, the next thing I know, I was googling some more of Pinoy comic artists especially those who made it (unknowingly to many Filipinos) to the international scene.

My sister asked me to accompany her to Komikon 2011. There were many booths selling their stuff and some well-known comics were discounted. I bought some comics from the seasoned artists and tons from the indies. My sister told me that it would be a great idea for us to have a booth next year. Why not? It would be so much fun to add something unexpected on my bucket list for next year.



No comments: